Teeth Cleaning for a Healthier Smile
Preview ChangesGetting a teeth cleaning is one of those essential dental procedures; it maintains your oral health and keeps your teeth brighter and breath fresher. Dr. Joe can perform an effective, pain-free cleaning at his office for a competitive cost. Dr. Joe is your ideal choice for routine check ups in Torrance and Redondo Beach. Remember, regular visits allow your dentist to check for early signs of potentially serious problems. Come visit us today and put your worries to rest!
Get Your Teeth Cleaned in Torrance
It takes 24 hours for the film on your teeth to turn into plaque. It’s a sticky, pale white build up of saliva, food and liquids around the gum line. Plaque is one of the core reasons Dr. Joe, Torrance dentist, recommends that you get a teeth cleaning once every 6 months at our dental office.
When plaque is left on the tooth for some time, the minerals in your saliva cause it to harden; this is tartar. Once it becomes tartar, also known as calculus, it cannot be taken off by a toothbrush or floss alone. This is why you need a professional teeth cleaning at a dental office in Torrance. If the tartar is too severe, you may even require a deep cleaning.
Once Dr. Joe removes the plaque and tartar, he polishes your teeth so they shine bright. Dental polishing is a great plaque and tartar management technique. It makes it more difficult for plaque to accumulate on the surface of your teeth. Keep your smile healthy between teeth cleanings. Brush your teeth twice a day, floss and gargle. Proper oral hygiene routines do not take the place of a Torrance dentist like Dr. Joe, but they certainly help you save money and help him keep your smile in tip-top shape.
Having good dental hygiene for your teeth, flossing and brushing your teeth twice a day helps reduce the amount of plaque build-up, but is does not take the place of seeing a Registered Dental Hygienist at least once or twice a year close to home in Torrance. If you live in Redondo Beach, Torrance and the surrounding cities, Dr. Joe is nearby and offer convenient office hours no matter how busy you may be.
Cleaning Teeth Near Redondo Beach
When was the last time you went to the pier? Did you notice the green goop all over the base? Change salt water to saliva and presto, you got one scary analogy. That gunk is what plaque and tartar look like on your teeth. Not so pleasant, right? Here are five other reasons to visit Dr. Joe for your routine teeth cleaning.
- Dr. Joe has different options, including traditional, deep and laser teeth cleaning.
- Your teeth cleaning will prevent gum disease. Bacteria from tartar create toxic bi-products that irritate the gums and cause inflammation and gingivitis. If this goes untreated, the inflammation gets worse and gum tissue can be permanently damaged. If gum disease is left untreated, it will spread to deeper parts of the tooth including the root and bones, which can cause your teeth to loosen and even fall out!
- It will help you look your best. Having a bright, healthy smile is an important part of your overall appearance. Visiting Dr. Joe near Redondo Beach for your routine teeth cleaning will keep your smile healthy and bright.
- Your teeth cleaning will prevent bad breath. Bad breath is typically caused by plaque, tartar, gum disease and cavities. Chewing gum is only a temporary fix, so put down the gum and pick up your phone. Call Dr. Joe near Redondo Beach.
- It keeps you healthy. Your mouth is a door to the rest of your body. Bacteria and toxins in the mouth affect your dental health and lower your immune system. Keep your immune system in great shape. Visit Dr. Joe near Redondo Beach for a teeth cleaning.
If you are looking for the best dentist in the Torrance and Redondo Beach area, there is no need to look further. Please contact us for more information about our teeth cleaning procedure or schedule an appointment with Dr. Joe today!